Comic Quest Warhammer 40k Tournament by The Dice Abide
Inaugural Comic Quest Warhammer 40k Tournament by The Dice Abide Comic Quest in Lake Forest is hosting their first Warhammer 40k tournament in years! Come be apart of the inaugural tournament. If you have any questions feel free to post in this thread or e-mail me at email@example.com. More details below; hope to see you there!
Date: Saturday, August 24
Location: Comic Quest 23811 Bridger Rd. #100 Lake Forest, CA 92630 (949) 951-9668
Cost: The inaugural tournament will be FREE - we are accepting donations in the form of terrain or cash to help improve the gaming area. Anything helps!
Schedule of Events:
11:00 - 11:30 Registration 11:30 - 11:45 First Round Pairings 11:45 - 2:00 Round 1 2:00 - 2:30 Lunch 2:30 - 4:45 Round 2 4:45 - 5:00 Break 5:00 - 7:15 Round 3 7:15 - 7:30 Award Ceremony
Game 1: Hammer and Anvil, Big Guns Never Tire (5 objectives) Game 2: Vanguard Strike, Purge the Alien Game 3: Dawn of War, The Scouring
Players will record the amount of victory points they earn for each scenario, along with their wins and losses. The winner of the event will be the individual with the best overall record through the 3-game tournament. In the event that more than one person is tied for the best record, victory points will be used at the tiebreaker. Example: Players A & B are both 3-0 at the end of the event. Through 3 games, Player A has accumulated 22 victory points, while player B has accumulated 23 victory points; Player B would win the tiebreaker and be ranked higher.
Army Lists and Modeling:
All players must submit an army list to the tournament organizer at the start of the event. All armies must meet the following requirements:
- Armies must consist of no more than 1750pts.
- Armies must be chosen from a current Games Workshop codex or an official White Dwarf update, such as Sisters of Battle (no Forgeworld for this tournament, may be allowed at future tournaments).
- Allies per the rulebook are allowed
- Armies must conform to standard Force Organization.
- There is no painting requirement, however armies must be fully assembled
- Converted models must be mounted on an appropriate base, must be of a similar size to the official model, and must visibly represent all wargear (WYSIWYG).
What to Bring:
- Your Army
- Gaming aides; dice, tape measure
- All pertinent rules for your army: Codex, FAQ's, updates, etc...
- At least 3 objective markers
- Four typed copies of your army list
- Mysterious objectives will not be used
- Mysterious terrain will not be used
Gaming Order of Operations:
- Players begin each game by exchanging army lists and explaining the roles of any converted models.
- Following that, agree on how each piece of terrain will be played during your game (area terrain, line of sight blocking, etc.).
- Roll to determine Psychic powers and Warlord traits per the 6th edition Warhammer 40k rulebook and your codex.
- Place objectives beginning with the player who wins the roll-off.
- Roll to determine deployment zones. The player who goes first chooses their deployment zone.
- Roll for Night Fighting.
- Begin deployment by alternating the placement of fortifications, beginning with the player going first. (Players fielding a Skyshield Landing Pad or Fortress of Redemption must remove one piece of terrain prior to deploying their fortification.)